Welcome to 4th Grade!

Welcome to CFI for another wonderful year! The classroom is all put together and now it needs kids to feel complete. I am looking forward to a new school year and a new group of kids.

I know we will have plenty of time to get to know each other but this will be my 18th year of teaching. Even though I have been at the Center for only 7 years, I have been reading about the Center since it first opened. In fact, the Center is one of the reasons why my family moved from California to South Carolina! I am also getting towards the end of my dissertation. All summer I sat at the computer and typed, typed, typed! 

I have one child at the Center (Emily) who will be in Ms. Breland's classroom and my twins who begin kindergarten at my wife's school in Richland/Lexington Five school district. 

Since your child will be adjusting to a new classroom with new procedures, I will be sending out periodic emails to let you know what's happening in class. Up until Labor Day, my main goal is to get to know your child, help them get to know expectations and procedures, and acclimate back into school life after being on Summer Break. 

I have a classroom blog that I will update. The class blog is found at http://inquiryforlife.blogspot.com/. Under my signature, at the bottom of all emails, are picture links to the classroom blog, I have a class writing blog students can publish to, link to the CFI weather station, my Pinterest page (contains links to websites I occasionally use in class), and my LinkedIn page that contains professional information.

I look forward to seeing everyone soon! 

Scott Johnson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More "Balanced / Unbalanced" Activities

Finally . . . A New Post!

First Week of School