Friday, September 26, 2014
Thanks to everyone who was able to make it out to Friday Gathering. The kids did a wonderful job of presenting what we have learned the last few weeks. I have included a link to the presentation here. The videos will not show but you can view them at our blog.
Posted by Scott Johnson at 4:50 PM
Friday, September 19, 2014
Monday, September 15, 2014
Sunday, September 14, 2014
This video is not a long one but it is pretty. This time lapse was taken Friday morning until it rained in the afternoon. You can see the sun rising, an airplane passing by, and some rainbows surrounding the sun as it passes behind some clouds.
We have purchased the professional version of this app so this week we should be able to see some enhancements to our time lapse videos.
Posted by Scott Johnson at 5:22 PM
Thursday, September 11, 2014
Posted by Scott Johnson at 3:42 PM
Here is a quick time lapse video we took of the clouds yesterday. Since we are studying weather, we decided to try using time lapse so we can observe cloud formation (and condensation) over a quicker period of time. We will posting more of these videos in the coming weeks.
Posted by Scott Johnson at 12:01 PM
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
- Tomorrow, we will begin MAP testing in reading. As in the past, testing will take place on their Chromebooks. Please make sure your child has a good night's rest before testing. Students will also do their MAP testing in math, next week Thursday.
- Today we are taking time lapse photos. Time lapse speeds up events which normally happend over a slow period. We have one camera set towards the clouds so we can see how clouds are formed. We also have an experiment going on. We have one bowl of water outside and bowl inside. We have observing these bowls of water evaporate. We have time lapse cameras set up on these bowls so we can see evaporation over time.
- Students are also taking kickball data that we will graph and create visuals. We plan on sharing this information at our gathering.
- Speaking of gathering, our first gathering is the week of September 22-26. Our learning celebration will still be that Friday, Sept. 26 at 2:20 pm.
- Next week, Friday, Sept. 19, we are heading to the Sandhills library. Please make sure your child has their library card turned into me by then.
- Don't forget tomorrow is Opening Picnic. Following Opening Picnic, your child will bring you to our room to show you around. We will spend that time getting to know each other so feel free to drop in and out as you need.
Posted by Scott Johnson at 10:48 AM