- Tomorrow, we will begin MAP testing in reading. As in the past, testing will take place on their Chromebooks. Please make sure your child has a good night's rest before testing. Students will also do their MAP testing in math, next week Thursday.
- Today we are taking time lapse photos. Time lapse speeds up events which normally happend over a slow period. We have one camera set towards the clouds so we can see how clouds are formed. We also have an experiment going on. We have one bowl of water outside and bowl inside. We have observing these bowls of water evaporate. We have time lapse cameras set up on these bowls so we can see evaporation over time.
- Students are also taking kickball data that we will graph and create visuals. We plan on sharing this information at our gathering.
- Speaking of gathering, our first gathering is the week of September 22-26. Our learning celebration will still be that Friday, Sept. 26 at 2:20 pm.
- Next week, Friday, Sept. 19, we are heading to the Sandhills library. Please make sure your child has their library card turned into me by then.
- Don't forget tomorrow is Opening Picnic. Following Opening Picnic, your child will bring you to our room to show you around. We will spend that time getting to know each other so feel free to drop in and out as you need.
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Posted by Scott Johnson at 10:48 AM