First Week of E-Learning Update

We got through our first week of E-Learning. It feels that most of this week was figuring out how things work such as Khan Academy. As I have told students, I'm assigning work through Khan Academy so it should show something under their "Home" page. I am not having them do random review work (though that may come later towards the end of the year).

All assignments have a start date and due date. If students do not finish by the due date, they may not be able to go back and complete. I'm noticing that Khan Academy does this. Because of this, I have several students who have not completed their work. Please help me out by checking your child's Google Classroom account so you can see their progress.

There have been several students who have failed Khan Academy quizzes. They can retake a quiz as much as they want, but some take the quiz once even though they failed the quiz. I'm trying to catch those students and will send emails the child and parent to retake those quizzes.

As per state guidelines I will be reducing the amount of "mandatory" work. On the weekly E-Learning sheet I will highlight what is mandatory and what is optional. Most likely math, reading, and writing will be mandatory with social studies and science lesson mixed in every other week. With the reduction in work it should be easier to complete work on time.

Tomorrow I will send emails out to the student's of parents who have missing assignments. Remember, assignments must be completed.

Have a great week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Couple of Things for this Short Week

More "Balanced / Unbalanced" Activities

Communication Plan for Parents & Students