Information for this Week

There isn't too much information this week. I do want to remind everyone that instead of having Curriculum Night #3, we will be using that time for student-led conferences. Conferences will begin after school and continue into the evening. We will also use Friday, February 17 (half-day) for student-led conferences. Those will begin in the afternoon and continue into the early evening. I am also looking at several more dates, including Saturday, February 18 (I'm waiting on my son's soccer schedule), to schedule more times. I am in the process of creating a SignUp Genius, and as soon as I have dates and time slots down, I'll get the sign up out to everyone.

Reading - We are still working on studying characters in books. This week we will begin one of my favorite read alouds called Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson.

Writing - Students have begun writing their DBQ pieces. We will be spending this week doing some editing.

Math - We are working on solving multiplication using the partial products method. This will help students understand and solve multiplication problems using the standard algorithm.

Social Studies - We have moved from comparing the French, Spanish, and English colonies, to simply focusing on the original 13 colonies, slavery, and the triangle of trade.

Science - We are continuing our study of astronomy. Lately, we have been discussing stars and constellations.

Have a great week!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Couple of Things for this Short Week

More "Balanced / Unbalanced" Activities

Finally . . . A New Post!