Communication Plan for Parents & Students

During virtual learning, communication between myself, parents, and students will be more important than ever. Being at CFI we are all so used to simply "popping in" the school when we have questions. Virtual learning will make this difficult unfortunately!

Parents:

Feel free to email (scjohnson@richland2.org) any time throughout the school day, but know I may not be able to immediately respond. I should be able to respond when I'm not engaged in synchronous learning or working with small group and individual students. Most emails will be responded to during my office hours between 3:00 - 4:00. (Honestly, I'm usually pretty good about responding quickly since I hate having my inbox full.) If you send any email after 4:00 pm, I will try to respond when possible. Last year I didn't allow myself a clear deadline for responding to emails or text messages so I felt like I was constantly available.

If you need to call (803-699-2969) into the classroom to contact me, please call during Office Hours (3:00-4:00). If you absolutely have to contact me because of a technology issue or personal matter, you can call first thing in the morning (8:00-9:00). 

💥If your child needs books to read or any other materials, you are more than welcomed to stop by the classroom. Since faculty and staff are the only ones allowed into the school, as weird as it may sound, I recommend coming to my classroom window😁 which is facing the front of the school! I will be more than happy to check out any books or get any other materials you may need. (You might want to let me know ahead of time so I don't freak out when someone knocks on the window!)

Students:

Since we are using a static Google Meet link, students can contact me through the chat feature or stay in our Google Meet so we can talk during asynchronous learning (when I'm not meeting with students). I have also blocked out a large chuck of time (2:00-2:45) so I can help students with technology issues and classwork. And just like for parents, I'm available to talk with students during my office hours (3:00-4:00). If students email me after 4:00 I will try to respond when possible.

Trying to predict all circumstances is impossible. We'll do our best to remain in contact as much as possible so we can do what's best for our students. Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Couple of Things for this Short Week

More "Balanced / Unbalanced" Activities